You can go to checkout on eBay in a number of ways. If you have items in your shopping cart, select Go to checkout. You can choose to pay for some of your items or all of them at once.
If you've already bought an item or won an auction, select Pay Now in your Purchase history, or select Complete purchase in your order confirmation email.
How to pay for an item at checkout
Here’s how to complete your order:
- Choose your payment method and enter any required information.
- We’ll show your primary shipping address, but if you want the item sent somewhere else, select Change. You can then either select another address you’ve used before or select Add a new address.
- Check that the item shown is the right one.
- Select a shipping option.
- Select Confirm and pay.
If you have a specific request for the seller — for example, special shipping instructions or details for a custom order — select Message to seller. We’ll pass the message along after you complete your purchase.
Choosing a payment method
You can usually pay with credit or debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or PayPal, but it can vary depending on the item category. For more information on ways to pay, see our payment methods article.
Changing your shipping address after checkout
If you need to change your shipping address after you complete your purchase, contact the seller immediately to let them know. If they haven’t already shipped the item, you can ask them to cancel the order, and you can buy the item again using the correct shipping address.
You can find out more in our article on changing your shipping details after a purchase.
Troubleshooting checkout errors
If you receive either of the following messages, recheck the information you entered. Make sure the billing address you entered is correct for the card you’re using.
- "We couldn't verify your card. Please select a payment option to continue."
- "We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details."
If your payment didn't go through while you were using a credit or debit card in your PayPal wallet, the payment will default to another PayPal funding source
- If you don't have another payment method on file, you'll see a Continue to PayPal prompt for more details on adding another card
- If you tried paying with a credit or debit card as a PayPal Guest, the credit or debit card used will be removed
If you receive the below error message, please double check the information you entered and that it has been entered into the correct field
- "Looks like something wasn't correct. Please enter the payment details again."