Used clothing (except underwear and socks) can be listed on eBay as long as it has been cleaned and the listing clearly states that the clothing is used.
See the What are the guidelines section below for details about what can and can't be listed.
You may also want to review the Clothing (new or used) section of the Adult Only category policy for information on how to sell underwear and other clothing items that belong in the Adult Only category.
What are the guidelines?
- Diaper covers
- Most used clothing (shirts, pants, dresses, etc.), as long as the seller states that the item is used
- Used cloth diapers can be sold, as long as the listing states clearly that the item has been cleaned per manufacturer standards
- The following items, as long as there's no inappropriate content in the listing or any indication that the item was worn as underwear:
- Bathing suits
- Wrestling singlets
- Vintage undergarments, as long as they are not modelled or recently worn
- Athletic supporters
- Boxer shorts
- Children's sized underwear
- Jock straps
Activity on eBay is required to follow this policy, the eBay User Agreement and all applicable laws, as well as respect the rights of third parties. If it doesn’t, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: Removing the listing or other content, issuing a warning, restricting activity or account suspension.
Why does eBay have this policy?
We require our buyers and sellers to follow all laws and government health codes. For health and hygiene reasons, we don't allow the sale of used underwear.