eBay does not permit the sale of stamps that are fraudulent or improperly described. Sellers who knowingly fail to disclose information about the authenticity of a stamp, alterations to the stamp, or other information that might have a material impact on the stamp's value will also be subject to eBay action as stated below.
If unsure of the origin or authenticity of the stamp, please state this clearly in the listing. Do not sell an item "As Is" regarding its authenticity.
Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
- Listing cancellation
- Loss of eBay fees
- Limits placed on account privileges
- Account suspension
Helpful guidelines for stamps sellers:
- Include all relevant information that is known about the stamp, for example its origin, date of issue, and condition.
- Include a clear image of the actual stamp that is being offered for sale.
- Include all information concerning any alterations that may have been made to the stamp.
- Specifically identify every individual stamp listed to avoid misunderstandings about the nature of the items.
Laws on counterfeit stamps
- It is an offence to sell, or offer for sale, any counterfeit Government stamps, or to buy or sell any instrument for the purpose of counterfeiting any Government stamp. Government stamps are those which are issued by the Government for the purpose of revenue. Therefore, these counterfeit items may not be listed on eBay. Users of eBay are advised to adhere with all local laws while listing such items on eBay. For more details, please see the Penal Code (Cap 224) - opens in new window or tab and the Website of the MAS at www.mas.gov.sgc - opens in new window or tab.
Why does eBay have this policy?
eBay strives to maintain a marketplace that is safe for both buyers and sellers of stamps, and has worked with the American Philatelic Society, the largest non-profit society in the world for philatelists (stamp collectors), to develop these guidelines and policies designed to protect and promote a safe trading experience for eBay members.