You also can't list drug paraphernalia, including items designed or primarily intended for use in manufacturing, concealing, or using a controlled substance.
For information regarding the sale of smoking accessories, read our Tobacco and smoking accessories policy.
What are the guidelines?
Drugs and controlled substances
You cannot list:
- Narcotics steroids, and other controlled substances (including any substance listed in The Misuse of Drugs Act - opens in new window or tab)
You cannot market products that claim to provide a "legal high".
eBay doesn't allow drug paraphernalia, or items designed or primarily intended for making, concealing, or using a controlled substance.
You can list some smoking accessories not intended for drug use. For guidelines, please refer to our tobacco and smoking accessories policy.
You cannot list:
- Pipes or any item marketed as for use with marijuana or with illegal drugs
- Any smoking accessories displaying a marijuana leaf or drug-related symbol
- Vaporizers intended to be used with alcohol, marijuana or illegal substances
Why does eBay have this policy?
We urge our buyers and sellers to comply with all government regulations. Because the sale of drugs and drug paraphernalia is prohibited by law, regulated, or may cause harm to eBay or its members, we don't allow sellers to list them.
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow this eBay policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or cancelling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.