The eBay name and logo are registered trademarks in the US and internationally. Use of the eBay name and logo are only allowed if an individual or organization has a written license agreement with eBay.
These guidelines explain when you can and can't use the eBay logo, name, or screenshots of the eBay website.
Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, you may be subject to a range of other actions, up to and including limits of your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account.
What are the guidelines?
Use of the eBay name
You may use the eBay name to refer to eBay (for example, "Check out my antiques on eBay" or "I sell on eBay") provided you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Your use can't mislead consumers as to any eBay sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement of your company, products, or services.
- When referring to eBay, use the eBay name in a plain text font and format only. Never use the eBay logo in a sentence.
- eBay is always spelled "eBay." It's never spelled "Ebay," "e-Bay," or "ebay."
eBay Partner Network
You may apply to join the eBay Partner Network and use our special eBay banner on your website.
Use of the "Right Now on eBay" button
If you have your own web page, you can use a "Right Now on eBay" button to link your site to the eBay home page. Learn more about linking your site to eBay - opens in new window or tab .
Except for the "Right Now on eBay" link button, you can't use any other eBay logo or graphic to link to eBay.
Use of the eBay logo
You may not use the eBay logo unless you are granted an express written trademark license by eBay.
Use of screenshots
You may not use screenshots from eBay unless you are granted an express written license by eBay.
Prohibited use of the eBay name and logo
eBay does not permit the use of its name and logo for any of the following:
- Business cards
- As website links
- Domain names
- Name of your eBay store or your user name
- Mailing labels
- Store windows
- Referring to eBay in a way that could lead someone to believe that you are sponsored by, affiliated with, or endorsed by eBay
eBay domain names
eBay owns exclusive trademark rights to the eBay name in the US and internationally. We don't allow the registration, ownership, use, or sale of a domain name containing "eBay" Listings that attempt to sell an eBay domain name are removed from eBay.
While it's popular to register, use, and sell domain names (including on eBay), you generally aren't allowed to own, sell, or use a domain name that contains a trademark owned by another person or company. For more information, see the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act of 1999.
When written permission from eBay is required
You must request written permission from eBay for the use of eBay intellectual property as follows:
- Any use of the eBay logo
- Any use of eBay screenshots
- Any use of the eBay name in books, on merchandise, or for sponsorships, including conferences
Please note that we reserve the right to deny your request at our sole discretion.
You can also email us at email@example.com.