If you think your account may have been compromised, first check if anyone with access to your account made changes to it, or used it to either buy or sell.
What to do if your account has been hacked
If you can sign into your account
- Change your password - opens in new window or tab immediately.
- Verify your contact information, shipping addresses and payment details - opens in new window or tab. If anything was changed by the person who took over your account, change it back.
- Check your active bids and listings to make sure they’re yours.
Contact us for help with removing unauthorized bids or listings. If there’s been no fraudulent activity on your account, you don’t need to contact us.
If you can’t sign into your account
If you can’t sign in to your account, contact us immediately.
If you believe your eBay account has been compromised, we recommend changing the password on your personal email account as well. Your email account password should be different from your eBay password.
Signs your account has been hacked
- Changes to your password, contact information, or address details
- Bids, offers, or purchases that you didn’t make
- Listings that you didn’t create
If someone has used your eBay account without your permission, you should contact your credit card company and your bank. You may also want to file a police report.