Everything You Need to Know About Choosing a Pair of Vintage Headphones
When you enjoy listening to music, books on tape, and other types of media, a quality pair of headphones makes a big difference in your audio experience. The features and styles of vintage headphones may offer the quality of sound that you are looking for when listening to a cassette, compact disc, vinyl record, or other media. On eBay, you can choose from a variety of features, styles, and brands of vintage headphones at affordable prices.What are the head and earpiece designs of vintage headphones?
The available head piece designs of the headphones include over-the-head and behind-the-head bands. The bands may consist of one or two pieces in parallel with or without padding. The ear piece designs include ear cups and earpads. The ear cups fit over the ears and form a tight seal in order to eliminate outside noise. The earpads fit onto the ears and feature foam cushioning for enhanced comfort and outside noise reduction.What are the audio specifications of vintage headphones on eBay?
The audio specifications of the vintage headphones on eBay include:
- Frequency response - The frequency response range is 20 to 25 Hz up to 20 KHz to 30 KHz.
- Impedance - The range of impedance is 90 to 110 ohms.
- Maximum input - The maximum input range is 80 to 100 mW.
- Sensitivity - The sensitivity range is 75 to 90 dB.
Some of the features of the affordable vintage headphones on eBay include:
- Adjustable headband - The headband adjusts in order to accommodate the size of your head.
- Padding - The earpieces offer padding for a comfortable fit.
- Flexible cord - The cord may be coiled for enhanced flexibility so that you can move a greater distance. The cords are also covered with rubber or silicone for smoothness.
- Cushioning - The headband may offer foam cushioning for your comfort.
- Extension cord - The headphones may come with an extension cord for an increased range of movement.
When you are shopping on eBay for a pair of durable vintage headphones, consider their:
- Brand - Some options include JVC, Sony, and STAX.
- Condition - Choose from used, refurbished, or parts-only headphones.
- Color - Some options include black, gray, brown, gold, silver, and multi-color designs.
- Materials - The headphones may be made of materials including silicone, rubber, rigid plastic, or acrylic.
- Microphone - Choose headphones with or without a microphone.