Using The RCA Small Wonder Camcorder
There are times when you want to capture a moment as it unfolds. The RCA Small Wonder Camcorder is a compact recorder you can slip into your pocket or handbag so that you’ll be able to record such magical moments. With its point-and-shoot technology, everyone from kids to grandparents can find it simple to record the memories of a lifetime using this device.What are some of the features of the RCA Small Wonder Camcorder?
This RCA device enables you to record sound and video into its built-in memory. If you want to shoot longer or high-quality movies, you can add an MMC or SD Memory card. You can play and edit your videos on the camcorder, and you can watch them back on your television. Clips can also be transferred to your computer. Some of the other features of the camera include:
- A point-and-shoot functionality that enables you to frame your shot in the display before you press record.
- A digital 2x zoom features that allows you to capture close shots.
- A built-in microphone that provides sound for your movies.
- A USB cable that allows you to transfer your video and photos to your computer.
Depending on the amount of on-board memory your unit has, you should be able to record 30 to 60 minutes of video. Adding memory cards will enable you to shoot longer videos, and in higher quality. A 16 GB card can provide around 8 hours of video at the camcorder’s highest quality setting and nearly 40 hours of video at a lower quality setting.What resolution is the video captured in?
The digital format used by this device is AVI. The camcorder has three settings that determine quality:
- HD - HD is a high-definition mode with a 1280 by 720 pixel resolution.
- Sports - Sports uses a 848 by 480 pixel resolution and is designed for TV viewing,
- WebQ - WebQ uses a 320 by 240 pixel resolution and is intended for internet uploads or for emailing.
The RCA Small Wonder video camera will capture still photos of approximately 8.0 megapixel each. Put the camcorder in photo mode by pressing the photo button below the display. When the display reads "PHOTO," press the button again to take your snapshot. Photos can be viewed on the device or transferred to your computer.How is the camera powered?
Power sources vary by model. Some cameras are powered by a pair of AA batteries while others contain a long-lasting lithium battery. If the RCA camcorder uses a lithium battery, that battery can either be charged with an AC/DC adapter from a wall outlet or via a USB cable connected to a computer.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by RCA.