Use a Kodak Wireless Printer for Your Media Needs
Kodak produces imaging products for use in photography, and their wireless printers can help you display your favorite photographs and memories. Wireless Kodak printers are available to you in a range of models and styles. Understanding the technology behind the various printing processes, available resolutions, and print speeds may lead you to the model that is right for your needs.How do wireless printers work?
A printer like those from Kodak that uses wireless connectivity will not need to use physical plugs to interface and communicate with the device from which you are printing. When you are ready to print your family vacation or wilderness retreat photos, your device can send a signal to the printer and tell it to start the printing process. There are two ways you can send this signal. The one that works for you will depend on your needs and situation:
- Direct connection: A direct connection establishes a link between one dedicated computer and your printer. You can access this computer whenever you would like to print photos.
- Network connection: A network connection allows multiple computers to access the same printer. As long as each computer has access to the same network the printer is on, any of those computers can tell the printer to produce photos.
There are three ways that photo printers like those from Kodak are able to recreate images from digital photography:
- Inkjet: Inkjet printing sends droplets of ink from the printer cartridge to photo paper to create an image of the digital photo data.
- Thermal: Thermal printing applies heat to certain areas of the paper to produce an image.
- Dye: Printers that use sublimation also apply heat to paper, but these devices include dyes as an additional component in the process.
You may find the printer technologies in different printing formats. Some of the most common formats include:
- Mobile printers: You may find wireless mobile printers useful if you need to revise and print documents in the field while you are traveling. Some mobile printers may be able to print from devices other than computers.
- All-in-one printers: You may be able to use one of these devices to scan documents, make copies of existing documents, or send a fax to another machine.
You may be able to use these guidelines to change the ink in your printer:
- Lift up the lid on the device.
- Find the small tab on the side of the ink cartridge and squeeze it. You can now lift the cartridge out.
- Shake the replacement unit gently while it is still in the package to redistribute the ink inside.
- Remove the item from its packaging and insert it into the printer.