A Quick Guide to Picking the Right JVC TV
The JVC brand was established in Japan in 1927 and is now a global brand for professional and consumer electronics. Youll find plenty of choices in JVC television models to match your lifestyle and professional needs.What types of TVs are available from JVC?
Having been one of the first brands to introduce television into Japan, JVC has followed the evolution of TV technology from vintage sets utilizing vacuum tubes to high-resolution digital widescreens incorporating advanced microelectronics. Among the types of screen projection technology available in this product category are:
- CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) - The earliest television screen technology. If low resolution meets your needs, vintage CRT TVs can be a bargain.
- LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) - The most frequent technology, LCD TVs have lightweight, flat screens that have HD picture quality and low power consumption.
- LED (Light Emitting Diode) - Uses LEDs for high brightness. Please note, per industry practice, some TVs are called LED when in fact they are LCD TVs with LED backlighting.
Analog TV sets, typically CRT types, are often available. There are many applications where this older technology can be used. If you have a collection of old VCR tapes of childrens movies, an analog television can entertain toddlers while you use your digital set to watch your HD shows. Likewise, if youve got a vintage gaming console with AV connectors, an older analog television can meet your needs. If you have an old analog signal camera you wish to use for surveillance or as a baby monitor, it can connect to an analog TV as well.
Virtually all cable and broadcast stations have gone to digital format, but you can still receive their programming on an analog television with the aid of a digital converter box.What features and options are available for JVC TVs?
Features and options available vary from model to model. Some that are available include:
- Remote - Some of these JVC sets come with their original JVC remotes. If not, you can purchase a universal remote that can access your sound system and other home entertainment electronics as well.
- Screen size - This JVC television product category covers screen sizes from 30-inch to 39-inch, with 32-inch and 37-inch being common sizes within the range. Note that format shapes come in letterbox and widescreen. Youll need widescreen to watch TV programs and movies that are in widescreen format.
- Resolution - JVC HD TVs come in 720p and 1080p. Ultra-High Definition (UHD) comes in 4K and 8K.
- Refresh rate - Measured in Hz (Hertz), this is the number of times the picture changes per second. The standard is 120 Hz. For vintage sets, 60 Hz was the standard.