How to Buy Mens Ankle Boots
Every man wants to look dapper from head to toe and footwear is a significant part of the entire ensemble. Each year, the go-to pick for autumn wear is the ankle boot and this year is no different.
A mans footwear constitutes the very foundation he stands upon and, as such, all men should care about their shoes.
What are they different types of mens ankle boots?
There are many styles of mens boots, but most can be placed in one of these categories:
- Chukka boots - These are the most casual mens leather boots available. They have a smooth surface and subtle stitching for an elegant yet easily wearable look. Most people confuse this casual shoe with desert boots. Simply put, all desert boots are chukka boots, but not all chukka boots are desert boots. For harsh weather conditions, select leather or a suede pair treated with a protector spray.
- Dress boots - This style is a must-have for anyone looking to achieve a smart look with a suit. The ideal dress boots reach higher up the ankle and feature heavy rubberized soles to keep out water and provide a sturdier grip in wet conditions.
- Chelsea boots - Distinguished by its elasticated side panels, this is one of the most versatile shoes a man can own. A Chelsea boot can be dressed to suit different occasions ranging from formal to a smart look. This style works great with jeans as they do with a suit.
- Technical boots - While they might not be the most stylish pair of shoes, technical boots are the most practical. This style is designed to keep the feet warm and protected in outdoor working conditions. Technical boots are made with breathable and waterproof materials to keep your feet dry throughout. They also feature lace-up fastenings to keep your feet secure.
How do I pick the right ankle boots for the occasion?
Ankle boots were traditionally made from unlined suede calfskin on a thin sole. Nowadays, these types of shoes come in a wide variety of colors and fabrics. This footwear is highly versatile and can be worn for a smart or casual look depending on the leather used. Picking the right pair of a shoe depends on the occasions and your personal taste.
Mens ankle boots are commonly found in shades of brown, making them an excellent option for everyday use. They look good when worn with:
- Casual trousers
- A button-up shirt
- Crew neck sweatshirt, etc.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by J Crew.