Home Security Cameras for the Holiday Season
If there's one thing you want to get this Black Friday, let it be a home security camera. Whether you have Christmas plans to spend the weekend away, or you just need that extra peace of mind before you hit the bed at night, a home security camera will be a great option. EBay has a wide range of home security cameras from well-known brands and with plenty of options to choose from, you will be spoilt for choice. These are Available in two variants comma wired And wireless, so you can select one depending on your security needs. You can check various Black Friday deals on eBay before making your choice.What should you look for when selecting home security cameras?
When choosing a new or used home security camera from eBay, you should look for these features to help with your choice.
- Connectivity: Wired or wireless options are available. A wired model transmits video to a viewing or recording device from the camera using a video cable. A wireless model sends the stream to a wireless receiver without the use of a video cable. The receiver is connected to a viewing or recording device.
- Specific features: eBay has options like motion detection and infrared/night vision. The motion detection feature begins recording only when motion is detected. This reduces the amount of footage you have to view to see pertinent clips. It also reduces the amount of footage stored. You can receive an alert when a motion event occurs. The sensitivity setting you choose should be low enough to prevent the movement of objects or pets from triggering an alert. The night vision feature uses an infrared light-emitting diode (LED) to capture images in the dark. This feature allows you to record in color or black and white. Additional options on eBay include audio recording, pan/tilt, power over Ethernet (PoE), wide-angle, or zoom features.
- Brand: If you prefer a specific brand, eBay offers brands like Axis, Dahua, Foscam, Hikvision, Lorex, Night Owl, and Samsung.
- Visible/Invisible: Models that have a visible recording indicator can help deter criminals while hidden cameras are best for secret surveillance. Some security cameras use batteries while some use a power adapter.
- Indoor/Outdoor cameras: Outdoor security cameras should have housing and a protective hood to resist water, snow, and debris from forming on the lens. A model with a rechargeable battery that lasts for six months prevents the need to replace the battery as often. On eBay, you can find indoor only cameras, outdoor only, and indoor/outdoor combinations.
There are IP security cameras and HD security cameras. IP (internet protocol) security cameras transmit video in digital form across the internet using a router. IP cameras allow users remote access to the camera in real-time using a computer, tablet, or a smartphone that has an internet connection.
HD stands for high density, and it indicates the quality of the stream. HD streams on either 720p or 1080p. The higher the HD, the clearer the quality and the higher the bandwidth. High bandwidth may result in lag time. You can reduce the lag time by setting the quality to a lower resolution. Some security cameras will automatically adjust the quality depending on your internet connection.Can you speak to people in view of the camera?
Some surveillance cameras feature two-way audio capability consisting of a speaker and a microphone. Other security cameras will activate when your doorbell rings so that you can see who is at your door. Some have audio features that allow you to converse with the person whether or not you are at home.Can you integrate security cameras with smart home features?
Using the app that controls some models, you can adjust your thermostat based on an at home mode or away mode. You can also control your carbon monoxide and smoke detector settings.
Users looking at Home Security Cameras have also viewed Wireless Security Cameras