What You Need to Know About HP Laptops Running Windows 8
HP is a technology company that develops and manufactures laptops and netbooks, and many of them run the Windows 8 operating system. If you are searching for an HP laptop or netbook, you may find it helpful to understand the styles, colors, and product lines you can buy and what features they can include. Read on to learn more before making a decision.What types of Windows 8 HP laptops are there?
Although most laptops share common design elements that make them portable computers you can take with you on the go, there are various subcategories of the types you can choose. Some subcategories of these products include:
- Convertible devices: These function as both laptops and tablets. These items may offer you the computing power of a traditional computer combined with a touchscreen interface and standard keyboard.
- Netbooks: This type of laptop is usually smaller than traditional portable computers. You may wish to use a netbook if your main tasks involve accessing internet-based applications and programs.
- Notebooks: These give you access to many core computer functions, usually while remaining small and lightweight.
- Ultrabooks: These are combinations of traditional portable computer systems and notebooks or netbooks.
RAM provides the storage space for documents, photos, videos, audio files, and any other data you wish to keep. Some common sizes for RAM that your computer can use to run its processes include ranges from 1 gigabyte up to 12 gigabytes. Your computer may be able to take on more processes at one time with a larger amount of RAM at its disposal. If you want a solid state or hard drive with a certain amount of storage space, you can choose from options such as:
- 100 gigabytes to 2 terabytes for standard hard drives
- 4 gigabytes to 2 terabytes for solid-state drives
If you want to choose a machine that processes data at a particular speed or has a specific type of graphics processor installed, look for these options:
- Dedicated graphics cards: Are separate cards that run your computer's graphics processing needs.
- Shared cards: Utilize both your computer's CPU and its RAM to run the graphics.
- Processor speeds: Can vary between 1GHz and 3.49GHz
You can find these laptops in a range of colors to suit your personal preferences. Some standard colors are black, blue, pink, red, and white. Screen sizes may range from less than 12 inches to more than 17 inches.