What You Need to Know About Choosing an HP Inkjet Mobile Printer
Mobile printing systems are small and lightweight, making them easy to move from one workstation to another or to bring with you on the go. HP inkjet mobile printer products are available with a variety of features. These inkjet printer systems use different types of connectivity and offer a range of output types.What are the connectivity options for the HP portable printers?
You can choose from several options, such as:
- Bluetooth and wireless - These products are able to communicate with other devices that also have embedded Bluetooth technology. They can also receive files through a Wi-Fi network.
- Parallel - Parallel connectivity is done with cables through an IEEE 1284 connection type.
- PictBridge - PictBridge is a proprietary app developed by the company. It can also make use of a specialty cable that connects a compatible camera to the printer for mobile printing needs.
- USB - These products may accept USB 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0 cables.
Resolution is a measurement of the dots per inch (dpi) that the printer is able to make on the output media. Images typically require high resolution to render the details and colors. Text printouts can be done on low resolution, and charts and graphs can be done on low or medium resolution. The available levels of resolution on these products are 1,200 x 1,200 dpi and 4,800 x 1,200 dpi.How much file storage memory do these mobile devices have?
These printers are available with 32, 128, or 256 megabytes of memory. The 32 megabytes of memory is typically enough for printing one medium-resolution image or a few text files. The 256 megabytes of memory is enough for a high-resolution image or many graphic or text files to be in the print queue.How long do the ink cartridges in these products last?
The ink cartridges in these printers are designed to deliver a page yield of up to 2,000 pages at low resolution and 5% coverage. Some of the printers are black-and-white output, and others offer both color and black-and-white output. The color ink cartridges also provide you with up to 2,000 pages at 5% coverage and low resolution settings.What are some of the features of these HP printers?
These printers features include:
- Paper tray - The systems have a tray that stacks and holds the paper so the feeders can roll it past the print head.
- Status indicator - These printers have a light emitting diode status indicator that shows green if the system is ready, red if it has an error, or yellow if it is offline.
- All-in-one functionality - Some of these systems can print, send faxes, make copies, and scan items.
- Heat dissipation - Vents on the back and bottom of the device allow heat from the print heads to dissipate away from the memory chips.
- Digital configuration options - The software built into the device allows you to configure its settings through the proprietary app or through a networked computer, tablet, or smartphone.