Dunham Shoes for Men
Established in 1885 by two brothers, George and Charles Dunham, this Vermont-based company initially handcrafted boots. While they still make boots, Dunham now crafts a full line of mens footwear. They specialize in shoes for outdoors activities like hiking boots, waterproof boots and work boots, but also make casual shoes, oxford shoes, and mens sandals.What types of mens shoes does Dunham make?
- Boots: Dunham manufactures many different types of boots for men. It offers casual boots like the James and REVseek. Its dress boots include the REVdash and Addison. Dunham offers hiking/outdoor boots like the Lawrence and Cloud. Some outdoor footwear, such as the Lawrence, Midland, Seth, Litchfield, and Cloud, may offer materials that shed water.
- Walking shoes/sneakers: It gears its sneakers, like the REVsharp, and its Dunham Fit line toward exercise and gym wear. Walking shoes like the Winslow, Exeter, and FitSmart are meant for everyday wear.
- Dress/oxfords: Dunham makes oxford models like the Midland, Bryce, Douglas, Burlington, Lexington, and the Royalton collection. These shoes come in a variety of colors.
- Slip-ons/loafers: Dunhams loafer models, like the Colchester, Litchfield, Blair, and REVchase, contain no laces.
- Mens sandals: The brand offers sandals and flip-flops. Choose from the Nolan adjustable sandal, the Carter flip-flop, the FitSmart Fisherman, the St. Johnsbury, and the Newport Slide. Some models, like the Nolan, feature neoprene lining and removable molded EVA and memory foam footbeds.
Dunham makes products that fit mens shoe sizes 7 to 20, including half sizes. The manufacturer offers various widths. Men can choose between width options of:
- Slip-resistant: Dunham manufactures safety shoes that use slip-resistant materials.
- Steel-toe: There are several steel-toe shoe options for men. Dunham makes its steel-toe footwear with a tempered cap that gives protection. Some of the steel-toe options may offer materials that shed water.
- Foam cushioning: Footwear like Dunham outdoor shoes and sneakers contain EVA foam cushioning.
- Memory foam: In addition to foam cushioning, some of Dunhams footwear contains memory foam cushioning.
Its slip-ons and dress shoes have a heel height of about one inch. On slip-ons this is a wedge heel integrated with the rest of the shoe bottom.Who owns Dunham today?
The Rockport Group, a Massachusetts company, now owns Dunham. It also owns Aravon.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dunham.