Get a Computer Printer for Christmas
Printers are great to bring-to-life your custom-designed greeting cards for Christmas. eBay has a wide range of color and black and white printers from brands like HP, Epson, and Lexmark. From dot matrix and inkjet to laser and thermal printers, you can choose a unit with any technology, based on your requirements. You can select a printer that connects to your computer via a USB or Ethernet cable, or simply go wireless for more convenience. Printing speed and functionality is also essential to consider. Computer printers can make a useful addition to your Christmas shopping list. You can buy them for your house or office or simply gift them to a friend in need.What are the different types of technologies?
You will find that there are many different types of printers. Each printer takes a different type of ink. Furthermore, the printing technology is different.
- Dot matrix: This type of printer uses tiny dots to form letters, numbers, and other images.
- Inkjet: Small jets of ink are used to print characters.
- Laser: A laser is used to form a pattern of dots that are then transferred to a piece of paper using heat.
- Dye sublimation: Dye is transferred onto a material, such as fabric, paper, or plastic.
- Thermal: Heated pins form characters on paper that is heat-sensitive.
It is important to look at how a unit connects to the computer. You can choose wired or wireless models.
Depending on the make and model, you will have several color options. It is possible to print in black and white or color. Some inkjet printers have various color cartridges available. This will allow you to opt for a high-quality image.What is an all-in-one printer?
An all-in-one printer combines several different machines into one. It provides value because you do not have to buy multiple units. Additionally, it can take up less space in an office setting. Some units might also have screens, allowing you to make all of the copies or prints directly from the unit as opposed to going through the computer. A typical all-in-one will include
- Laser or inkjet printer.
Buying a computer printer means taking the time to look at the different features. You have to decide what you are going to be printing, and then shop the various makes and models. Knowing more about the options will help you to narrow down the possibilities.
- Type of unit: Choose the technology you want employed.
- Printing speed: PPM or pages per minute are identified on models.
- Color: Choose whether you want black and white or color copies.
- Function: Decide if you want multifunctional capabilities.
- Connection: Look at how the device attaches to your computer.