Collectible My Melody Anime Items
The Sanrio My Melody is a little girl rabbit that wears a big hood that covers her ears. The character was developed in 1975 to accompany Hello Kitty in her adventures. There are a wide variety of collectible commercial products that feature My Melodys likeness.What are the types of My Melody collectible items?
- Wearable items: Sanrio offers a wide variety of licensed, wearable Melody items. Some of the available items include Melody costumes, pajamas, slippers, shirts, necklaces, hair accessories, watches, bracelets, rings, and earrings.
- Toys: Sanrio has also licensed Melody toys that can be used alongside the Hello Kitty character and the other Sanrio characters in the anime series. Some of the types of toys that are available include stuffed animal rabbits, figures, play sets, as well as trinkets that can be displayed on a shelf.
- Personal and household items: Sanrio has also made an array of household and personal items that feature the likeness of Melody. Sometimes the bunny is shown with other characters from animated series, such as Hello Kitty. Available household items include stationery sets, decorative boxes, lunch pails, pillows, blankets, backpacks, luggage, and stickers. Personal items that feature the My Melody bunny include cosmetics, mirrors, purses, wallets, scheduling planners, calendars, and cosmetics bottles.
- Eyelashes: The My Melody Sanrio character is shown with one or two long, black eyelashes that come out from the corner of each of her eyes in a one-quarter to one-half circle shape.
- Hood color: My Melody is shown wearing a hood that fully covers her ears. Some collectible Sanrio items of Melody may have a solid light or bright pink or red hood, while the characters produced since 1997 have a large, solid red hood that covers the Sanrio animals ears.
- Textured fur: Plush Melody items have textured fur that is made from polyester fabric. The fur on this mascot is bright white in color. The same color of fur extends around the animals arms, legs, belly, back, ears, and tail. The rabbits eyes are shown as black or black with another color to accent the bright white fur.
A Melody stuffed toy could get dirty from oils and residues on your hands, dust, and pet dander floating in the air. When there is a stain on the fluffy, thick fur of Melody, this can be spot cleaned with a color-safe, stain-lifting, laundry spray. Some of the stuffed Melody toys can be washed in a washing machine on a delicate cycle while others are spot-clean only. For a heavily soiled Sanrio character toy, dry cleaning will preserve the stitching and special features of the toy. The tag on the Sanrio Melody will have washing instructions, so be sure to consult that first.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sanrio My Melody.