Features of the Apple iMac PowerPC G5 Desktop
If you need a computer but have limited desk space, you might want to consider an all-in-one computer system. An all-in-one computer houses all the components needed in one enclosure including the processor, monitor, and memory storage. The space saved when using this kind of unit allows you to use the rest of your desk for other activities.What is the iMac PowerPC?
The iMac G5 is an all-in-one desktop computer produced by Apple from 2004 to 2006. The body houses all components including the processor, speakers, optical drive, power supply, and display monitor. The body is attached to a curved aluminum stand. The streamlined design of the enclosure allows this desktop computer to be fairly mobile. Move it easily around your office or home.What features does the iMac G5 have?
The computer comes with a variety of features including:
- Operating system: The original system comes with Mac OS X 10.3. The operating system can be upgraded to MAC OS X 10.5.8.
- Drives: The iMAc G5 has a slot-loading optical drive with 24x CD and 8x DVD read/write speed and a 7200 RPM SATA hard drive (available in 80GB, 160GB, or 250GB memory capacity).
- Connectivity: This system includes wired network connections via an Ethernet port, a wireless capability with the optional AirPort Extreme card, and Bluetooth for use with a wireless mouse and a wireless keyboard.
The 64-bit PowerPC G5 processor is available with speeds from 1.6 GHz to 2.1 GHz. The higher processing speeds allow you to multitask, such as using word processing, surfing the web, and editing photos at the same time without experiencing a decrease in performance.Which ports does this iMac have?
The iMac G5 has a variety of ports to attach peripherals including:
- Headphone jack: Listen to your favorite movie in surround sound using this jack that is also a mini-optical plug.
- USB: There are three USB 2.0 ports on the G5s body and two USB 1.1 ports on the keyboard.
- FireWire 400: There are two FireWire ports that can be used to connect a camera, camcorder, or an iPod.
- Mini VGA: When used with a composite/S-video adapter, you can show your systems display on a television screen.
Apple offers the iMac G5 monitor in both 17- and 20-inch widescreen options. The 20-inch screen has a 1680 by 1050 pixel resolution, and the 17-inch display has 1440 by 900 pixels. An Apple VGA display adapter also allows you to view the display using an external projector.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.