Your Guide to Finding an Affordable Apple Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter
If you have an Apple product, dock, or other 30-pin periphery and want to connect it to your Apple Lightning-compatible phone, an adapter is the most affordable solution. There are many new and used Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapters available on eBay.Which devices are compatible with Lightning to 30-pin?
Most Apple iPhones are compatible with a quality Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter. To use the adapter, you will need a newer Apple iPhone that uses the Lightning connector and an older product that uses the 30-pin adapter. Below are some devices that use the Lightning connection and some that use the 30-pin connector.
- 30-Pin: Phones older than the iPhone 5 sync and charge with the 30-pin connector. Plus, there are docking stations and audio output devices of similar vintage that connect with the 30-pin connector.
- Lightning: Apple iPhone 5 through Apple iPhone X charge and sync with the Lightning adapter. If you want to connect your 30-pin audio or charging dock to your newer iPhone, the Lightning to 30-pin will do the trick.
There are several available options and features to consider in a Lightning to 30-pin adapter. See the list below for some options available when you search on eBay.
- Extension: If you have a case on your iPhone, some adapters will not be long enough to reach through the case. An extension can help bridge the gap.
- Headphone jack: Some Lightning to 30-pin adapters come with a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Cords: Some adapters come with various length cords.
- Adapter only: The adapter-only option has a 30-pin female on one end and a male Lightning on the other without a cord in between.
The original Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapters were designed for analog audio playback, USB audio playback, syncing with your computer or another device, and charging your Apple iPhone. There were plans to create a video playback feature with the Lightning to 30-pin. If you need video output, check to verify that the adapter is compatible with video before making a purchase.What is an Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter?
An Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter is a device to connect older Apple peripherals to newer iPhones that use the Lightning connection. The adapters can be used for audio playback in USB or analog, syncing devices with your computer, and charging with compatible docks and devices.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.