Feel Like Part of the Action With a 50-60 inch Plasma TV
When youre watching the game from the comfort of your couch, having a big TV screen is key to catching every play. There are plasma televisions that come in the 50-inch to 60-inch range. A variety of companies manufacture them.What is a plasma TV?
These are televisions that have plasma screens for their display. Squeezed in between two panels of glass on the TV are small cells. These cells contain electrically charged ionized gases that can form a plasma when electricity passes through them. (Plasma is the fourth state of matter and is neither a liquid, solid, nor a gas.) With the electricity flowing through them, each cell can release some visible light, and the different pixels combine together to form an image.What are some features of a plasma TV?
- High contrast: The whites are bright and the blacks are very dark, allowing for a lot of contrast to be shown. This also allows there to be nuances in color shades.
- Thin size: Generally, plasma TVs are less than four inches thick. They take up a relatively little portion of a room and can be mounted on a wall or placed on a compact piece of furniture.
- Long-lasting: Some plasma screens have been tested for lifespan. Results have shown that they can last for decades, even when used for up to 10 hours a day.
- Wide viewing angles: Viewers who are sitting around the room will all get the same experience, regardless of whether theyre directly in front of the screen or off to the side.
- High definition (HD): These products qualify as HD TVS due to their relatively high resolution.
There are some models that can function as smart televisions, which means they can connect directly to the internet without requiring another device. With an HDTV with built-in Wi-Fi, you may be able to:
- Stream content through subscription sites like Amazon and Netflix
- Watch videos on YouTube
- Browse the web
- Access your social media accounts
Some of the manufacturers of these products are:
Plasma TVs come with several settings loaded onto them, so you can select what type of viewing experience youd like to have. When you choose to have a brighter display, youll require more power. Perhaps you can select this when youre watching a movie or game. At other times, you can select a more eco-friendly mode. With this setting, the screen brightness is dimmed to reduce energy consumption.